Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 9 AM – 12 PM
Naperville North High School
899 N Mill St, Naperville, Illinois 60563
Join our Green Party Marching Band for its inaugural performance. Bring a percussion instrument or your favorite slide trombone, trumpet, maracas, castanets, or kazoo! We march with our peers to spread the word of the 10 Key Values. Wear your Green Party t-shirt. Don’t have one? No problem. We will provide you a t-shirt. Bring balloons if you have them to bring a smile to the spectators. Individually wrapped candy for the kids is appreciated too!
– There are two events occurring at the same time as the St. Patrick’s Day Parade so parking will be a challenge.
– Parking at Naperville North High School is very limited, so if possible please carpool or have someone drop you off at the school.
– There is NO PARADE PARKING IN THE WEST LOT of the school. Please park in the lot in the Northeast corner of the school, but that will be very limited, so be sure to arrive between 8:30am – 9am or earlier if you want a chance of parking in the lot. You can only enter the school from Mill St heading south. You can only exit on Ogden Ave.
– Your second best option is to park on the street in the neighborhood east of Naperville North High School.
+ Enter this neighborhood at Ogden Ave and Eagle Street. Turn south onto Eagle Street and then take the first right on 8th Avenue. Then take the first right on Morningside Drive. Morningside Drive then turns into Pearson Circle. Park anywhere along Morningside Drive or Pearson Circle. There are no parking restrictions on these streets because it’s not a school day. Map link: https://tinyurl.com/y365775g.
+ You can then walk south from Pearson Circle and Morningside Drive to 6th Ave. Then walk west on 6th Ave to Mill Street and you will see Naperville North High School to the north. Map link: https://tinyurl.com/y3t4h4ss.
– You could also park at the Van Buren Parking Facility on Van Buren Ave or the Central Parking Facility on Chicago Ave but that’s a bit of a walk to the staging area. Downtown Naperville Parking Map: https://www.naperville.il.us/globalassets/media/maps/public-transit-and-parking/downtownnapervilleparkingmap.pdf
WHERE TO LINEUP BEFORE THE PARADE
The staging area is in the Naperville North High School south parking lot. Our assigned lineup number is 98. Here’s the staging area map: http://www.wsirish.org/parade-lineup.html. We are lining up in row 9 of the staging area.
PARADE ROUTE, PARADE DAY ROAD CLOSURES, PARKING RESTRICTIONS, AND HANDICAP PARKING AREAS
The Parade starts at Naperville North High School on Mill Street, then proceeds south on Mill Street to Jefferson, then east on Jefferson to Main Street, then south on Main Street, ending at Water Street.
Maps of the parade route, parade day road closures, parking restrictions, and handicap parking areas: http://www.wsirish.org/parade-route.html
– Please arrive at Naperville North High School between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. The parade steps off at 10am.
– Cars, floats, trucks, etc., can only enter Naperville North off of Mill Street, heading South from Ogden Avenue.
– Please respect the directions given by Naperville Police officers and West Suburban Irish volunteers at the staging area.
REMINDERS: the Parade is a family event, and takes place on public property. Please conduct yourselves appropriately. Please no alcohol before or during the Parade. Please do not throw candy or other objects. You may hand out candy, literature, or other objects to persons along the Parade route.
The after party for the parade will take place in the Warrior Room at bd’s Mongolian Grill at 221 S Washington Street, Naperville, IL. We have a reservation under the name “DuPage Greens”.
Walking map from the end of the parade to bd’s Mongolian Grill: https://tinyurl.com/yydvb5so
Steve De La Rosa
Co-Chair, DuPage Greens