I ran as the Green Party candidate in the 3rd Congressional District in 2010 and was a fighter for things that middle class people like you and me deserve such as ending the wars, fighting corporate power, and advocating for a truly universal healthcare system. I ran a spririted campaign against Democratic incumbent Dan Lipinski, one of the most conservative Democrats in the Illinois Congressional delegation. Lipinski is so conserative he isn’t even a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus – one of only two Democrats from the Illinois delegation who is not a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.
Can you guess the other Democrat?
It’s Mike Quigley, Nancy’s incumbent opponent.
What we need is another progressive champion who will fight with other progressives in the House to push for things that you, me and the rest of the nation are clamoring for: green sustainable jobs for our communities, truly universal healthcare under a Medicare for All system, and really ending the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq by bringing all our troops home. These are just a few reasons why I support Nancy in this election.
That’s why I’m inviting you to my home to raise some money for Nancy. Donations will go toward purchasing yard signs, radio ads, and other material that the Wade camapaign very much need in the last stretch of the campaign.
Here are the details:
- To get here via public transportation, I’m just a block and a half from the Burlington Metra Hollywood-Zoo stop – a train leaves Union station at 7 and gets into Hollywood at 7:22. Or you can pick up a 302 PACE bus at the end of the Pink Line el (54th Ave) It’ll drop you just a block away by Riverside Brookfield High School, but the going’s pretty slow. OR give us a call and we’ll pick you up from the Blue Line el at Des Plaines/Forest Park
- If you’re driving, I’m one block south of Riverside Brookfield High School and one and a half blocks west of First Avenue.If you can’t make it please make a $10, $20, or $50 donation at Nancy’s website.
Or you can donate the most precious thing the campaign needs: your time.
These are urgent times. And we need respresentatives who will truly fight for us, the middle class – not Philip Morris, Goldman Sachs, or the bankers on Wall Street (some of Mr. Quigley’s donors).
Please join me this Friday in standing with Nancy so she can stand up for us.
Laurel Lambert Schmidt
Join our Contact ListAdd yourself to the DuPage County Green Party contact list, if you want to be notified regarding upcoming DuPage Greens campaigns, actions, meetings, and events.
- Glenn Greenwald: As Obama Makes "False" Surveillance Claims, Snowden Risks Life to Spark NSA Debate June 18, 2013
- A Medical Ethics-free Zone? Guantánamo Doctors Urged to Stop Force-Feeding Hunger-Striking Prisoners June 18, 2013
- Headlines for June 18, 2013 June 18, 2013
- Turkish Unions Hold National Strike as Protesters Face Worst Crackdown to Date June 17, 2013
- Long Before Helping Expose NSA Spying, Journalist Laura Poitras Faced Harassment from U.S. Agents June 17, 2013
- Fracking Update
- Five Greens Elected Tuesday
- Elect Sandy Lezon for Warrenville Library Board Trustee
- 10 years later, Iraq War an ongoing economic tragedy
- You can’t frack your way out of a budget crisis
- ILGP Membership Meeting is March 2nd in Carbondale
- February Meeting is Monday the 11th
- Legalize Chickens in Joliet?
- On Gun Control
- DuPage Greens Endorse Money Out, Voters In! Rally