In these trying times with a neofascist takeover of the leadership of the most powerful nation in the world and an Illinois legislature passing budgets with regressive flat income tax increases that stick it to the working poor and middle class, it’s our duty to the 99% to provide a vigorous opposition to the two party tyranny, so…
Don’t Demoralize, Organize!
On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 7pm at the DuPage Greens Headquarters (213 S. Wheaton Ave, Wheaton) we will hold our DuPage County Green Party Monthly Meeting.
Remember, we now meet on the 1st Thursday of the month.
There will be many things to discuss including:
- A presentation by Jimmy Lynch regarding the Glenbard Underground, an independent student newspaper whose purpose is to inform our communities and make them stronger through activism and volunteer work
A presentation by Jonathan Bresser and Joby Stechschulte regarding a Green Podcast project
- 2018 and 2019 candidate recruitment
- Green Party elected officials comments
- The Gather launch! Gather is a new social media platform designed specifically for political activism. The DuPage Greens are a founding partner. Pre-register for the application at gatheractivism.com! Learn more about Gather
- DuPage Green Party Drinks planning
- Houby Parade, Sunday, October 8th, 10:45 AM – 1:30 PM, Intersection
of Cermak Rd & East Ave in Berwyn, IL, Facebook Event
- 2017 Illinois Green Party Fall Conference, Saturday, October 28 at 10 AM – 4:45 PM, Lincoln Library, Carnegie Room North (1st floor), 326 S 7th St, Springfield, IL, there is also a Friday night Pre-Conference Social Gathering and Informal Dining, and a Sunday Post-Conference Party Business and Strategy Meeting, ILGP.org Event Facebook Event
- Other upcoming Events
If Facebook is not your thing, you can RSVP here.
Also, please consider donating to the DuPage Greens. It takes lots of small individual donations from people like you to cover the expenses required to support candidates and grow the Green Party in DuPage County, since as I’m sure you know, we don’t take any big money special interest contributions so we can fight for economic, social, environmental, racial and democratic justice for everyone in DuPage County, not just the fat cats.
Chair, DuPage County Green Party