Contact us if you are interested in running for office as a Green in the DuPage County area.
DuPage area candidates supported by the DuPage County Green Party:
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District (MWRD) of Greater Chicago
- Tammie Felicia Vinson (full 6 year term)
- Troy Antonio Hernandez (full 6 year term)
- Rachel Wales (full 6 year term)
- Candidates Flyer
- The MWRD district is all of Cook County
- The MWRD candidates are currently collecting petition signatures to get on the ballot. They need a minimum of 1,745 signatures, which means they really need about 3,000 signatures to survive the inevitable attempt by the Democrats to throw us off the ballot. Here is the Ballot Petition. If you are able to help collect signatures, please contact Rita Maniotis, firstname.lastname@example.org, 708-955-6964, for optimal petitioning recommendations. The last day to turn in notarized petitions to Rita is Sunday December 1, 2019.
- Rich Giovanoni for Niles Township Green Party Committeeperson, Cook County (Morton Grove, Skokie, Niles, and Lincolnwood area)
Considering Running for Office?
With thousands of local non-partisan offices up for election in almost every Illinois community, the April 2021 consolidated elections are the best opportunity for Greens to run for office and WIN.
Since 2011 the DuPage Greens have won 7 out of the 8 campaigns (88%) we ran for local non-partisan offices! See About Us for more details.
Most of the offices up for election—such as regional board of school trustees, park board, or library board—in most communities are low-profile, and will require little money and a moderate amount of effort to win. Most of the effort required would go into serving your community as an elected official. Other offices are usually more competitive like mayor, village president, city council, village board, township trustee, or school board, but well worth pursuing if that is you passion.