Monday, September 5th
9:30am – 11:30am
Mill St. between Ogden Ave. & 5th Ave., Naperville
Lineup Number: 48
Illinois Green Party candidate Scott Summers for U.S. Senate will be marching with us.
We need a big marcher turnout so that we can show the voters in the Naperville/Aurora area that there is huge support for Jill and the Illinois Green Party candidates.
Click here to register to be a marcher.
We have a lunch reservation at bd’s Mongolian Grill immediately after the parade from 11:30am-2:00pm. It’s a 10 minute walk from the end of the parade. See more details below.
Use #GreensLaborDayMarch when Facebook posting/sharing and tweeting/retweeting
Social media locations:
- DuPage County Green Party Facebook Page
- Labor Day March Facebook Event (post your parade pictures and video here)
What to Bring:
- Wear your Jill Stein or Illinois Green Party t-shirt, if you have one.
- If not:
- Get there early and we will provide you a Jill Stein or Illinois Green Party t-shirt while supplies last (we are anticipating a huge turnout so we may run out of t-shirts)
- In case we run out of t-shirts, wear a green shirt
- Bring your Jill Stein and Vote Green Party yard sign to carry in the parade, if you have one. If not, we will provide other various signs to carry.
- Bring candy, if you want to hand candy out to the kids while handing fliers to the adults. Please note that we can’t throw candy into the crowd. We have to hand it to people.
We are also providing several signs for the parade. If you do decide to make your own sign, please don’t use any offensive language and keep it positive about our candidates or the positions supported by the Green Party and Jill. Please don’t mention any opponent names in the signs.
What Else Will We Provide:
We will also provide 2 banners to carry, fliers to hand out and water.
It’s recommended that you carpool. The carpool drop-off for the Green Party is the TCF Bank parking lot on the northeast corner of Ogden & Mill.
Park on Webster St. north of Ogden Ave. There is plenty of unrestricted parking on both sides of the street on Webster north of Ogden Ave. for several blocks.
Line Up and Arrival Information:
Please note, some street closings begin at 5:00am, and streets along the parade route close at 6:00am, please plan accordingly and allow for extra time.
Check out the Parade Traffic Control Plan to see what streets are closed and where the no parking and tow-away zones will be during the parade.
Our staging area is in the red zone along Mill St. between Ogden Ave. & 5th Ave. Our lineup number is 48. This is a short walk from the drop-off area and about a 0.2 mile walk from the above recommended parking area.
Arrival Time (YOU MAY NOT STAGE BEFORE THIS TIME): 9:15AM
Plan to meet at the staging area between 9:15am-9:30am. The parade is expected to step off promptly at 10:00am.
- Starts at the corner of Mill Street and 5th Avenue
- South on Mill Street
- East (left) on Jefferson Avenue
- South (right) on Main Street
- West (right) on Porter Avenue
- Ends in the parking lot behind Naperville Central High School
Note that the walk from the end of the parade back to the beginning of the parade is 1.4 miles and will take about 30 minutes.
Driving Directions from the Drop-Off Area to the Pick-Up Area:
Following this route will avoid all the parade street closings.
- Ogden Avenue West to River Road
- South on River Road to Oswego Road (go past Aurora Rd)
- East on Oswego Road to West Street
- South on West Street to Hillside Road
- East on Hillside Road to Webster Street
- Pickup here. The Naperville Central parking lot is on the corner of Webster Street and Porter, but don’t drive north on Webster to Porter because parade participants will be exiting the route there.
“The 50th Anniversary of the NAPERVILLE PARK DISTRICT”
Lunch after the Parade:
We are getting a discounted rate. It’s a create-your-own-stir-fry restaurant. Adults get a stir fry bowl, one refill, and a soft drink for $14, tax and tip included. If you order anything extra you will need to pay for that separately. Kids 3-10 eat for $8 and kids under 3 eat free.
Special Instructions from the Parade Organizers:
For the SAFETY of our CHILDREN and all spectators, do not THROW anything into the crowd along the parade route. Pre-approved items may be passed hand-to-hand only. Keep pace, if you see gaps in front of you, please move forward safely. You will NOT be allowed to bring extra vehicles or marchers over your approved amount. No float may exceed 12 feet high due to power lines and bridges. If you hold up the parade due to exceeding this limit you will be charged a service fee of $500.00, in excess of any city fines or fees. The parade is scheduled to begin Monday, September 5th, at 10:00am, from the corner of Mill Street and 5th Avenue. The parade will proceed south on Mill Street, east on Jefferson Street, south on Main Street, then west on Porter, ending in the parking lot behind Naperville Central High School. We ask that you do not stop marching until you are completely in the parking lot. Cancelation of the event shall be at the discretion/direction of the Naperville Police Department, in the event of severe weather or other emergency situation. We look forward to a safe, enjoyable and fun day! If you have any concerns, please call the Last Fling Hotline 630-961-4143. For emergency only, day of parade please call Paul DeKruiff on cell at 312-371-3125.
DuPage Greens for Jill Contacts: