7PM Thursday May 21, 2020
Online Video/Phone Conference (Participants must register for the meeting)
Invited attendees: Members of the Cook County Green Party and the DuPage County Green Party
We are holding a special meeting to decide whether to endorse candidates for the November 3rd, 2020 General Election. Per Illinois Green Party bylaws, chapters that reside in the district are responsible for deciding whether to endorse candidates in that district.
We are deciding whether to endorse the following candidates:
- Alia Sarfraz for US House of Representatives (IL-8)
- Here’s Alia’s completed candidate questionnaire for your review.
- US House District 8 has 716,964 residents. About half the district is in Cook County, about 40% in DuPage County, and about 10% in Kane County. The district represents all or parts of several cities (Chicago, Des Plaines, Elgin, Elmhurst, Oakbrook Terrace, Rolling Meadows, Wheaton, Wood Dale) and villages (Addison, Arlington Heights, Barrington Hills, Bartlett, Bensenville, Bloomingdale, Buffalo Grove, Carol Stream, Carpentersville, East Dundee, Elk Grove Village, Glen Ellyn, Glendale Heights, Hanover Park, Hoffman Estates, Itasca, Lombard, Mount Prospect, Oak Brook, Palatine, Roselle, Schaumburg, South Barrington, South Elgin, Streamwood, Villa Park, Wheeling).
- Chapters responsible for endorsement: Cook County Green Party and DuPage County Green Party
for IL State House Representative District 85
- Here’s Anna’s completed candidate questionnaire for your review.
- IL House District 85 has 108,372 residents. About 90% of the district is in Will County and about 10% is in DuPage County. The district represents all or parts of several cities (Crest Hill, Lockport, Naperville), unincorporated areas (Fairmont), and villages (Bolingbrook, Lemont, Romeoville, Woodridge).
- Chapter responsible for endorsement: DuPage County Green Party
Sorry about the short notice, but we have just recently been informed that the Judge has changed the Illinois pandemic petitioning court order resulting in the deadline being moved up to July 20th for the last day to file our ballot petitions.
If you are not able to join us via video on your computer or smart device, you can still join us by calling into the meeting on your phone.