Contact us if you are interested in running for office as a Green in the DuPage County area.
DuPage area candidates supported by the DuPage County Green Party:
- Howie Hawkins for President of the U.S.
- Angela Walker for Vice President of the U.S.
- David Black for U.S. Senate (IL)
- Tom Wilda for Congress (IL-5) – parts of Cook and DuPage Counties
- Chris Kruger for State Representative (IL-17) – parts of Suburban Cook County
- Alia Sarfraz for State Representative (IL-52) – parts of Suburban Cook, Kane, Lake, and McHenry Counties
- A – for State Representative (IL-85)parts of DuPage and Will Counties
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District (MWRD) of Greater Chicago – Cook County
- All ILGP candidates
Key 2020 General Election Dates
- Sep. 24, 2020: Early Voting and Vote by Mail Starts
- Oct. 18, 2020: Last day for voters to register to vote online
- Oct. 20, 2020: Last day for the State Board of Elections or the election authority to have pollwatcher credentials available for distribution
- Oct. 29, 2020: Last day for the election authority to receive application by mail from any registered voter
- Nov. 2, 2020: Last day for early voting
- Nov. 2, 2020: Last day for any registered voter to make application in person for a vote by mail ballot
- Nov. 3, 2020: Election Day and last day for grace period registration
Considering Running for Office?
With thousands of local non-partisan offices up for election in almost every Illinois community, the April 2021 consolidated elections are the best opportunity for Greens to run for office and WIN.
Since 2011 the DuPage Greens have won 7 out of the 8 campaigns (88%) we ran for local non-partisan offices! See About Us for more details.
Most of the offices up for election—such as regional board of school trustees, park board, or library board—in most communities are low-profile, and will require little money and a moderate amount of effort to win. Most of the effort required would go into serving your community as an elected official. Other offices are usually more competitive like mayor, village president, city council, village board, township trustee, or school board, but well worth pursuing if that is you passion.
Key 2021 Election Dates
- Aug. 25, 2020: Petitioning Starts for Nonpartisan Municipal Office Candidates like Mayor, Alderperson, Village President, Village Trustee, etc. and for Established Party Partisan Township Office Candidates like Township Supervisor, Township Trustee, etc.
- Nov. 16-23, 2020: Filing Period
- Feb. 23, 2021: Primary Election
- Sep. 22, 2020: Petitioning Starts for New Party Partisan Township Office Candidates like Township Supervisor, Township Trustee, etc. and Non-Municipal Nonpartisan Office Candidates like Park Board Commissioner, Library Board Trustee, School Board Member, Regional Board of School Trustees, College Board Trustee, etc.
- Dec. 14-21, 2020: Filing Period
- Apr. 6, 2021: Consolidated Election